Thursday, March 30, 2006

Be calm and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work. -- Blaise Pascal

i'm thinking about this quote a lot. and how the older i've gotten, the less-believeable my life story has become, the less i dye my hair. the more 'normal' my clothes are. people's parents like me and i'm writing a book about my heroin-addict ex-girlfriend and how i was almost as bad as she was in ever so many ways. does that count? i am feeling the need to create order amid my chaos lately, or maybe i'm just nesting. it's nearly time. every month, the week of my period is my most creatively fruitful time. the moon gives me superpowers, i swear. and now i'm bubbling with ideas from the weekend. and i am having special guest craft hour on monday here at studio me- totally psyched. it has been so good for my soul to (re)connect with kindred spirits in intellect and art. girly warrior-creatures with music in their souls. sometimes the gifts of the universe overwhelm me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good find with the quote...please make every attempt to dispell the belief that only crazy people make good art...though with the way shit is today, sanity is mere a structured form of crazy...

5/02/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home