Tuesday, July 04, 2006

i'm daring

when i was in high school, my best friend Danie, who had plenty of balls, used to laugh at me for having no balls. when i stepped outside my box and got a bit sassy, she'd giggle and say i'd earned half a ball. i still struggle with being maniacally un-assertive in my day-to-day life, but i have learned to depend on ballsy-ness in art and writing to get me through each day. which is a big part of why i am so psyched to be doing the (effer) Dares. at least from time to time when i can get my ass in gear. i so appreciate the revolutionary spirit of the movement within the world of scrappage that these ladies kick-started. i like the way these dares tap into the heart of this art-form and force you to do something bigger, deeper, more than you would have ordinarily. they force you to reach so deep inside yourelf that your art is coming from your guts- your innards- your balls (and i'm not being facetious, we women have balls just as much as guys do- it's just that we've tucked them quite neatly under the skin in between our hips). so without further ado, and with great humility, i present: (Dare #34) D: a List........

3 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

Very cool! Your story sounds like me & my best friend. I always accuse her of being a pushover...and I'm the bossy pushy one! :) Great layout. I love the dares too!

7/05/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

yay!! it turned out great!!

7/06/2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no1knowsdawnmordarski

7/06/2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home