Monday, May 21, 2007

a whole new {arm}




so all week i've been rocking out to a new mix cd from my friend laura and scrapping my little heart out, since my first surgery. and holy bananas- talk about prolific (here are a few of my recent pages). i think i'm catching up from all these months of non-scrappage. this new machine is amazing in its effects, i love it. i can scrap as much as i want and if i hurt, i just turn up the stimulation to the nerves in my arm (or the Zap, as my brothers have been calling it) and i feel better. there's always some sort of stimulation to the nerves and somehow it re-sets their path and makes them not hurt me anymore. it's like magic!


and tomorrow is the 2nd surgery, the one that will attach the wires from my spinal cord to the new electrical generator. the new one will be inside my abdomen, so i won't have to wear this dumb itchy waist-pack. and it will be permanent. or at least 5 years permanent. and it will be my pain-management system and i will be able to do nearly anything, and i plan to do EVERYTHING. i canNOT wait to get back to normal life. tomorrow's surgrey will have a pretty uncomfortable recovery- i'll be growing lots of scar tissue, which takes a few weeks, but once it's over, this whole ordeal will be, in essence, over.
and to think that last september i was talking about being out for a week or two. Ha! Nine months later...
anyway, it will be so good to put all this behind me and continue on with the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that 'rock on' page!!!!!!!

6/22/2007 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home