Tuesday, February 06, 2007

i want to marry dr.temperance brennan please



i have developed a major relationship with this character. seriously. it's not even the actress- zooey deschanel's sister- gorgeous and appealing though she is. it's effing Bones herself. this character makes me feel less crazy. the fact that she exists makes me feel better about my place in the world.




anyway, recent life has been busy and complicated.




they changed up my physical therapy program based on the tools and movements i need to be able to scrap, stamp, teach and work again- like pressing down with my hand enough to be able to work a stamp, or squeezing enough to work a hole puncher or a cropadile or a quickutz. i've been starting to scrap again on my own slowly but those bits are mostly tool-less and technique-free. now i'm starting to practice based on the idea of being able to teach and demonstrate with all the tools at YHP again. it's exciting to be moving closer toward those goals, though the new program is kicking my ass. i plan to spend the rest of tonight wrapped around my heat-up teddy bear (an organic gift from my lovely and amazing aunt anna, originally purchased for cramps when i was going away to college, he also does nicely when i want to rip my arm off and beat people with it) watching old episodes of Buffy and moaning.




since i'm not up to lengthy typage, here are some current visual snippets:






toes: mine and karen's after a long, hard day of shopping and getting pampered at the salon (and no, my big toes aren't really that stumpy, i was just flexing them weird)





charles in the basket: i have an antique wicker valise i keep near my apartment door in wintertime, and i throw all my hats, mittens & scarves into it. charles has taken rather a liking to the valise. he naps there now, dreaming about wearing his own hat and mittens (red and white striped).





my spot: this is the place i go to, the little corner of the local park where i go to hide out when the day care that shares my house is going on and i need to breathe and feel alone. i bring my old tablecloth to sit on, i curl up under my favorite tree with a book, and even in the cold- i love this spot.




tarot & karen: a reading of the lovely Cards. and karen's snazzy new jacket, which she returned the very next day. why, this may be the only record of its existence!


the sky & the city: as seen from 22nd street between 6th & 7th avenues in manhattan, at around one o'clock on a lovely monday afternoon.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home