Sunday, October 21, 2007

because i'm kind of a nobody






i can say this: CK is crap. their shoddy manner of dealing with this little mistake- and their fear of the power of jealous, obsessed scrapbeasts- has turned into a huge, ridiculous fiasco.



because i am so enraged that i can't think straight so much, i'm going to borrow the eloquent words of one SiSter, hotpinkhibiscus, cause this kinda sums it up:




I think the thing that is sad is Kristina threw her hand up a long time ago and said 'yes, I did that, by mistake, so please sort it' to CK and they just ignored it. So now, KC has been pulled apart over something that she shouldn't have done but didn't mean malice by - ending in quite an ignominious situation. I hope the other people come out and say 'yes, I didn't take that photo' and be as gracious as KC.


word.


own up, folks (you know who you are). be as real as miss kristi.


and speaking of the lovely KC, i got her kit for my birthday! wahoo for true. and then my lovely friend evelyn had a birthday-scrap-party on saturday (10am-2am.... brilliant!) and everyone at the crop was so jealous of my fab new papers from miss K's kit. i am just so proud of this girl.


she's been a favorite of mine since the day she wandered into my family's store two years ago, in a full blown anxiety attack, looking for a particular shade of bazzill that she needed RIGHT NOW and we had it and she nearly wept in relief and then we looked at each other and realized we were both childless 26 year olds who were pierced and tattooed and smart and scrapster-lovin'- so, wahoo! new friend!


it gave me such a giggle to get a whole pile of papers with her name on the bottom. i mean, i know she's kinda famous and all, i'm used to that. but getting her papers in the mail- it was such a proud little moment for me. and getting to play with her kit on the same day that all this bullshit came down from the CK powers that be- it was my best, healthiest method of feeling a big FUCK YOU at all those scrapbeasts who have been so intent on hurting kristi anyway they can. kind of like the way that most gay bashers are just queers locked inside their own self-hating homophobia, these women are so freaking jealous (of the freedom with which kristi makes her art and lives her life, and inspires others to do the same) that they are obsessed with name-calling and sabotage and all kinds of middle-school-style subterfuge.










anyway, i used some of the rubs from k's kit on a layout about my new favorite website, Scrap in Style. and some of her other goodies on an as-yet-unfinished layout about the ridiculous amount of bowling that my cousins and i do every summer in new hampshire (it's the only thing open past 10pm). and i had fun doing it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle McGee said...

I so felt that way when I got my friend, kellicrowe's papers... so weird to see her name there like that!

Hope you're doing well, Dawn!

You're not a nobody to me!

10/25/2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

well first of all i can't even believe you finally updated your blog (I mean, seriously, I almost stopped looking!) and second I almost cried reading this. Thank you for knowing me and loving me and being such a talented freaking writer. YOU RULE.

And I'm jealous of your Halloween party!!!!

10/30/2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger Vee said...

you are so right!! what an awesome post about k, she is the bomb and the sweetest!!
happy belated birthday!! ;)

11/07/2007 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home