Friday, January 25, 2008

gratitude girl




so if you saw my last post, you noticed that in my book about my stay with my dear friends robin & ralph, i used one of those 7gypsies "wish list" cards to create a list of wishes for my new home, the one i was searching for during my stay at hummel hall.




well, yesterday i signed the lease on a faaaaaabulous apartment in harlem that fulfills every wish on that list, with one exception- i wanted a backyard, and yet this apartment comes with a roof deck, and it's less than half a block off of riverside park.
can you imagine?
my little tiny guru/therapist cynthia always used to stress the importance of articulating your desires to the universe and listening to your inner voice as it guides you. and every step of this journey, her assertions have been confirmed. i feel so blessed and so connected. it's weird.... definitely a new feeling for me.
this home is everything i could have dreamed- spacious, with lovely wood floors and huge, old-fashioned windows, a big bathtub and a kitchen big enough for good cooking. it's less than a block from my best friend's apartment, twenty blocks from the school i want to attend, and there's a fresh fruit market on my way home from the subway. i am boggled by the gift of this home.




i move next friday, and then i will have a home and the internet and i will be able to post more regularly all the crazy creative things i've been making. but for now, here are some of the ATCs i've been making... inspired by miss kristina who came to play with me at the store last friday and got me absolutely addicted to these tiny little bits of lovin'.
any one want to swap some?

4 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

congrats on the new place! that's awesome that it's what you wanted! i don't do atc's, but if i did, i'd totally want to trade some with ya!

1/26/2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I love your stuff! Just checked out your blog.....very cool! :)

1/26/2008 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO_HOO Dawn! I am so happy for you =)

Tho I will miss u at the store =(

Marianne

1/27/2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger Vee said...

congrats on the new place!!! It sounds WONderFUL :) I will swap some ATC's with you :) let me know!

1/28/2008 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home