Monday, July 17, 2006

such a fleeting joy...


the joy of a clean work area... oh, i'm reveling. the other night my wonderful friend laura RAKed me this cool turquoise blue shower tote-turned-tool-&- embellishment-holder for when i got out to play with my friends. and then i finally decided to suck it up and actually use the super-cool junk bags i got from tim holtz. and laura also gave me some amazingly wonderful organizational tools and there was also a trip to tarzhay involved and so now i'm all inspired and i've been organizing like a maniac ever since friday. my scrap space had gotten out of control, and it was becoming non-functional and so the (s)crap was spreading all over every single thing in my apartment. now i've sorted, categorized, purged, packed for hours and i've actually gotten down to where you can see the surface of my table. see the pretty wood and stampages? i forgot how fun some of the little stampages on my table are. i add to them whenever i get some fun new stamps. i took a photo cause i know this is not gonna last & i will need evidence to prove to the naysayers that it happened at all. the naysayers are, of course, those who know me and my work-habits well enough to know that ordinarily i seem to thrive in creative chaos. anyway, thanks, laura, your RAK rocks my block! now i'm almost a semi-travel-able scrapper. and my space is kinda clean. i am so psyched. spent tonight doing two layouts for a new class i'm teaching- 2 basic grey layouts in one night. i don't usually teach layout classes, but i've been getting a lot of requests for them, and hey- they don't call it Your Happy Place cause we like to piss people off. they ask for layout classes, i make layout classes. it was actually fun to play in 12x12 again after not having done so in about a hundred years. too bad miss computer illiterate girl can't scan and stitch or y'all could see them. ah, well. and now- get this- i'm actually gonna clean up the shit i used to make those layouts and then i'm gonna curl up with my book and go to sleep. tomorrow i have off and i have a playdate- wahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

YAY! Kristi helped you fix your page!! Sorry we didn't get to that the other night.

7/17/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

If I were in NY, I would totally go and take some of your classes. I think what you do is so beautiful, it's exactly (well maybe not exactly because it would be mine, so it'd be different..) the kind of thing that I love... I love the layers and the compositions, and all of the textural attributes of your pieces. I think what I basically need to do is to lock myself into a room for a couple of days with just my materials and just do it. :-) but yeah, if I were in NY, I'd so be there.

You should do a remote class in Seattle! :-)

7/20/2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home