Tuesday, October 28, 2008

undoing my cranky

because i am a stuffy, drippy, headachey, feverish mess, 
today's entry necessarily takes the form of a list of things that make me happy.

hats.
hope.
pacific organic buttery corn soup. 
really good weezer cover bands.
writing in my k-made mosaic journal.
lesbians on tv.  all of them.  even the semi-awful ones.
beat-up old cowboy boots.
newish slouchy scruffy kick-ass orphan boots.
wandering my neighborhood.
polka dot umbrellas.
having time and excuse enough to read through friends' blogs.
michelle obama's lady-ness.
how my cat charles knows when i'm sick and keeps extra close.
looking through favorite photos (it never frickin' gets old).
being at Bumble & bumble and wearing that funny gown.
blake lively's voice.
working out so hard that my muscles are wet spaghetti for days.
rainy days when i can be curled inside with a cup of tea.  
that tonight is a new episode of House. 
allouette on wheat toast. 
empress of the world by sara ryan.
my new red  corduroy coat from boden.
that stupid taylor swift song about romeo and juliet.
learning new things to love about old friends.
peonies.
tiffany box blue.
feeling good in my clothes again. 
really well-made children's books.
wearing my boojiboo apron when cooking for my friends and family.

the fact that ellen just said, re: her halloween costume,  
"i'm not gonna be sarah palin. 
i ordered the bikini and the shotgun, 
but then i changed my mind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home