Monday, July 24, 2006

her angel

so i'm writing again. or actually, reading in preparation for writing. it's not actual procrastination. see, i wrote a book in college and it was a good book, i think, that needed some tweaks and some finishing and so i kinda halfheartedly fake-finished it for school (and i got an A+) and then i graduated and then i started DreamBooks (my old custom scrapping company i had in the city, now defunct) and then I moved out here and we started Your Happy Place and once I was working in scrapping that took over my life and my book has been sitting on my laptop, and then it was on a disc for a while, and the other day i finally put the files onto my computer, and printed out all the chapters i had, and organized them into a binder for editing. so i've been reading my own book. it's kind of weird. some parts are better than i realized i could write, and some parts are so awful they make me cringe. reading it now makes me glad i didn't try to publish it back then. at least not the whole thing (one chapter was published as a short story by the magazine 14 hills under my pen name which is Charlotte J. Ball- that's another long story, which i will tell another day) so anyway, now my book which is called Her Angel now has its own binder and i've been whipping out ideas for new bits and sketches for new meat of chapters and it's so fun to stretch this other creative muscle. but it's also really hard. harder than i thought it would be, really. perhaps in a few days i'll share a paragraph or two, see what y'all think. first i gotta see if i can stop producing such crap and come up with something worth seeing the light of day (or your computer screen, as the case may be). we shall see.

in the meantime, of course i'm making scrappy stuff too- this layout is the first non-work-related layout i've made recently. i swear, that 7gypsies definiteion paper is my favorite thing on the planet. this page began as a response to the Dare about hindsight but after i did all my hindsight-related-journaling, all i wanted to do was give myself a hug. so i did. on a page.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love this LO..It's sooooo sweet!

7/24/2006 2:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

ohh I want to read a paragraph of your book!-cant wait :)

cute LO

7/24/2006 3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!! Good luck!

7/24/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Amazing and beautiful page! Can't wait to read some lines from your book. Kudos to you for working on it again.

7/24/2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I tried to post earlier but blogger is being bitchy...Anyway I am so stoked about your book! Its always been a fantasy of mine to write one...I cant wait to read some! Your dare is a stunna ;P

7/24/2006 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous layout! and your writing is amazing!!

7/24/2006 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home