Friday, August 22, 2008

thinkin' some thinks

been playin at YHP all day with my mom and kristi.

learning to twitter. or tweet. or whatever the hell kristi calls it.
i am ambivalent so far but that has not stopped me from periodically making public my current whereabouts.

we live in a weird age. even blogging is weird. fun, compelling, but weird.


just got back from two weeks' holiday in new hampshire (one week each with two sides of my three-sided family- one two seperate lakes!) and with my quickly-fading tan, my belly still kinda full from all the lobster, and a fist full of new photos, i have been scrapping my little heart out.

you know, i struggle so much with taking photos. it's weird- it's something that has always been such a simple pleasure for me, such a natural progression from participating in an event or seeing a sight to recording it or capturing it. but spending lots of time with folks who are doing picturesque things- or silly things in picturesque locations- i find myself wondering, second-guessing myself. when all my cousins run around and play football, i don't play. i'm the one on the sidelines taking pictures. and yes, it's true that i could not play football anyway 'cause of my surgeries and stuff, but it's small metaphor, really. i just know myself as a person of excess, and while i relish the blessing of art as a method of dealing with the world, sometimes i catch myself wanting to leave the world behind in favor of art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home