Tuesday, July 25, 2006

fetch-maniac

ok, i realize it's 3:23 am and civilized people are asleep and i'm on my way, i am, i just had to share this because i just discovered it and though i have some wonderful friends if i called any one of them for this, i'd have one less friend.

my cat, charlie strokes, esq. aka chaz, and i have been playing fetch.
seriously.
fetch.
i didn't teach him how to do this, he just started doing it, and now he won't stop.
he's like a fetch-maniac.
see, i have these little mostly-round wooden pegs that go in the sides of a cheap old table to cover where the screws go in and chaz loves to play with them and sometimes if he gets in the way while i'm scrapping or something, i take one of these thingies and i throw it far away from me and then he chases it and captures it and carries it around triumphantly in his mouth for a while. so tonight i'm sitting on my bed reading and he's rolling on my book, 'fighting' with his peg-thingie, so i take it and i throw it and he chases it down and picks it up and brings it back to the bed. then he puts it down in front of me and nuzzles my hand toward the peg-thingie, meowing. no freaking joke. i really wish i had a video camera. and that' s been our routine all night. while i read my book (venus envy by rita mae brown), while i rearranged my library (going back to the old color-grouping system), while i fake-scrapped (putting stuff together for a page i still haven't fully formulated cause hte really good photo of my friend's son is intimidating me and i want to do a good job for her). and now i want to go to sleep and chazzy keeps bringing me the damn peg. and then he totally gives me lovin' until i toss the toy. heaven help me, i'm gonna be throwing this peg in my sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home