Thursday, August 24, 2006

wednesday is my monday

so today it was back to work after three glorious days off. i love my job and all, but today we're going to re-live my weekend:

day one was sunday- spent it out on the island, celebrating my grandma teddy's 80th birthday with the fam. it was the first time grandma had had all her grandchildren in one spot in over ten years (of course we took tons of pictures!). i'm the oldest, & i still think of my cousins as my "little cousins" (probably cause it's been a really long time since i've seen any of them) but they're in their teens and early twenties now. mind-blowing. it was really cool to catch up with everyone & get to know the people they're growing into. capped off sunday with a little furniture donation from the folks- my mom brought over a hutch of my grandma's (other grandma- this one is my mom's mother. keep up, folks! i have 3 grandmas. each one has at least two names. there will be a quiz later.) that i've been coveting for like ever. so i did a little scrap-organizing. mostly, i piled. but i love my new hutch!

day two: monday. my weekend. aah. my friend kristi and i went gallivanting into the city to hit the ink pad (cutest little stamp store ever!) and go out to play with my friend jared. we ended up on a major search for this mythical ribbon store in midtown, and just when i was ready to give up and throw a grilled-cheese-demanding temper tantrum, jared goes, "check that end of the block and then meet me in front of h&m [four stores away, on the same block we were standing on] in like five minutes," and five minutes later, he calls me from like 9 blocks away. he found the damn store. j&m trimming. or m&j trimming. i forget. that's why i have a business card stashed somewhere. the name is not important. the rows and rows and rooms of trimmings and ribbons and buttons and beads and patches and sequins and charms and tchotchkes- they are what's important. oh, it was a fun place. you're definitely paying mid-town rent on your ribbon, but it's some sassy stuff, lemme tell you. got some delicious velvet rick-rack, along with a new scrapster supply i'm so psyched about i won't even mention it til i use it. monday was the laughingest day i'd spent in a while, and it felt real good to giggle, even if half the time it was cause we were getting lost for the seventeenth time (a field trip to the bronx was an added bonus, as far as i'm concerned. everyone should stop there on their way to harlem.)... 'twas also the first day of fun in recent memory on which i have not carried my camera for every minute. it was kinda nice. i can't act like i totally let go, though. miss k had my scrapster-back. she brought hers and we just kept making the boys take photos of us. by the end of the day jared was shouting "click click bloody click" at someone else for a change.

day three and the final day of my almost-mini-vacation was tuesday: a lovely day on which i slept quite late, and then spent much of the early afternoon lazing about under my favorite tree at the park around the corner from my house, reading a magical old book. the evening was a kind of milestone of sorts. (i think i might be getting old.) i went to my first (i can't believe i'm making this public. it's just too funny not to!) tupperware party. hee hee. a tupperware party, can you imagine? cranky little doesn't cook anymore, lives in her art studio and eats only take-out me, at a tupperware party! my friend colleen and i sat in the back and drank wine and made a rather excellent peanut gallery, really. the best part is i kept winning things, all night. the worst part is one of the things i won (and i'm still not sure how that happened) is the fun of my very own tupperware party. i don't even have a house and i need a tupperware party? you've got to be kidding me. i won a cool thingie to carry my markers around though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hee-hee...you didn't tell me about the Tupperware party!! That's something you needed your camera for.

Hey, you can have your freebie party in the classroom on a Tuesday night when the store is closed =)

8/25/2006 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home